Monday 26 April 2010

Wales Comic Con 2010: The Aftermath

Well that was fun!

After a couple of hours in the car early Sunday morning, I arrived to set up at Glyndwr University in Wrexham - sitting next to the ever-pleasant Staz Johnson and Neil Edwards.

Also attending were the likes of Danny John-Jules and Dirk Benedict, cool.

Highlights were doing a sketch for the BEST Star Trek: TNG lookalikes I have EVER seen - wish I'd had a chance to get my photo taken with them - next time...

Coolest of all was meeting Marc Silk, the voice talent behind Stingo, Slugsy and a whole host of other cartoon voices. That's sure to get me some serious brownie points from my children. Sorted.

I spent the day signing and sketching - drawing mostly space marines at this event, there were loads of GW/ BL fans attending, those Horus Heresy books have a powerful hold over everyone who reads them.

(Above)
Kenny and his 'Marine vs Aliens' sketch.
(Photo courtesy Kim Randles Facebook)

After a pleasant and uneventful drive back, I arrived home and had a lovely cup of tea. Job done.

Next posts: limited edition books, Eldar and being a magazine cover star!

2 comments:

Matthew Craig said...

Neil, it was an absolute pleasure watching you work, yesterday. I think my favourite sketch was probably that Genestealer - ooh, no! The female marine (?) you drew for that woman near the start of the day. Top. Notch.

Matthew Craig
//\Oo/\\

Unknown said...

Neil, was great to finally meet you and bring you to our show!

Next one is September 19th - let me know if your available and let's lock it down :)

Glad you got home safely and enjoyed the day!

All the best,

Jaime
Wales Comic Con