Monday 26 October 2009

Gamesfest 4

Just a quick update of recent events, this weekend I attended Gamesfest 4 which is a relatively new and small but fun games convention in Watford.

(Above)
Watford Colosseum - not a Gladiator in sight.
Although there was a Samurai at the back.


After a slight miscalculation in travel times (thanks Sat-Nav!) and a couple of closures on the A1 south-bound (thanks Highways Agency!) I finally arrived and set up shop at the Artists & Authors table, where I spent the whole day drawing Space Marines, Eldar and loads of Sisters of Battle for the very patient men, women, boys and girls that gathered at the table.

(Above)
The drawing machine at work!


Geek Alert: I even managed to get my precious copy of Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller signed by Steve Jackson himself, wikkidz!

(Above)
My precioussss..
.

It was a great day, my fantastic sister, Dawn - who printed up the large posters - kept me company all day. I was looked after by the organisers very well; being watered, fed and kept amused by being sat RIGHT NEXT TO THE SPEAKER SYSTEM!

Joking aside, I look forward to seeing what those good people at Gamesfest have in store next year.

3 comments:

Tony Jackson said...

You're living the dream :)

Ben Newman said...

Man, I used to love those books... Creature of Havoc and House of Hell were my favourites. Might have to dig them out of the box in the loft now you've reminded me!

Unknown said...

It was great to see you at Gamesfest, great talking to you about your inspirations and ideas. Looking forward to future Horus Heresy covers, and any other stuff you do. =D