Monday 10 August 2009

Harrier Attack 1982

This piece is a quickie to try my hand at something else:

(Above) Harrier bombing run, May 1982

I'm a huge fan of aviation art, especially anything to do with Harriers and Spitfires - they are just beautiful machines! I was trying to get a real sense of energy in this one - hence the painted motion blur and low, dynamic angle. I'm aware the weapons payload probably isn't correct, if anyone wants to correct me - fire away, as they say.

I was going for an old-school Airfix vibe, some of my favourite kits were the Harrier, Spitfire, Lunar Landing Module and Messerschmitt ME 109 - aahh, the smell of glue and enamel paint... great days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice stuff downthere!

Ben Newman said...

that's really nice work neil.

Aidan said...

harrier attack AND airfix - its like a nostalgia laser-guided bomb! ahhh, those were the days...